This explains how we may collect information from you, how we may share your information, and what are your rights regarding sharing of your information based on applicable laws including the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR).
"Non Personal Information" is information that is not personally identifiable to you and that we automatically collect when you access our Website with a web browser. It may also include publicly available information that is shared between you and others. "Personally Identifiable Information" is non-public information that is personally identifiable to you and obtained in order for us to provide you within our Website. Personally Identifiable Information may include information such as your name, email address, and other related information that you provide to us or that we obtain about you.
What Information We Collect
We will collect certain Personally Identifiable Information from or about you when you use our Website to create an account or place an order or otherwise directly communicate with us, such as -
- Account Information We may collect information about your first name, last name and email address when you open a new account with us (“Account Information”). The primary source of the Account Information is you, although some elements of the Account Information may be generated by our Website such as account creation and modification dates, personalized website settings etc.
- Communication Information We may collect information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or that we send to you ("Communication Information"). Our Website will generate the Communication Information along with the metadata associated with such communications made using the website contact forms.
- Transaction Information We may collect information relating to financial transactions, including purchases of goods and/or services, that you enter into with us and/or through our Website ("Transaction Information"). This transaction data may include your name, your contact details, your payment card details and any other details linked with such transaction. The source of the transaction data is you and/or our payment services provider.
- Contact Information We may collect additional information enabling us to get in touch with you once you place an order through our Website ("Contact Information"). Such Contact Information may include your name, email address, telephone number and postal address as given by you at the time of placing your order.
You are not required to provide us with any Personally Identifiable Information if you are simply browsing our Website without creating an account or placing any order. However, we will automatically collect certain Non Personal Information from and about you by the interaction of your computer, mobile phone or web browser with our Website, such as -
- System Information We automatically receive and collect some information from your web browser or mobile device (“System Information”). This information includes the name of the website from which you entered our Website, if any, as well as the name of the website to which you're headed when you leave our website. This information also includes the IP address of your computer/proxy server that you use to access the Internet, your Internet Website provider name, web browser type, type of mobile device, and computer operating system. We use all of this information to analyze trends among our Users to help improve our Website.
- Log Data We may collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Website ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. The source of the Log Data is our analytics tracking system.
How We Use Your Information
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We will securely process your personal information and use it for the lawful administration and operation of our Website, including but not limited to the following purposes –
- To provide quality services
- To update and maintain your account with us
- To personalize user experiences and advertising
- To create and maintain our customer databases and business records
- To improve future Website development
- To enable third parties to carry out technical and logistical functions on our behalf
- To notify you about any changes to our service
Where you have provided us with consent to use your personal information, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time by contacting us directly or following the ‘unsubscribe’ link provided in any electronic communications you receive from us.
Any personal information that we process will be stored on a secure server behind a firewall. We will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for the processing. Where you have registered and provided your consent to receive communications from us, then we will retain your personal information for this purpose until your consent is withdrawn.
How We Share Your Information
We may disclose information we have collected about you in certain situations such as -
- Third-Party Service Providers We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance.
- Third-Party Advertisers We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Website. These companies may use information about your visits to our Website and other websites that are contained in web cookies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- Marketing Communications With your informed consent (opt-in) we may share your information with third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
- Legally Required Releases of Information We may be legally required to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information, if such disclosure is (a) required by subpoena, law, or other legal process; (b) necessary to assist law enforcement officials or government enforcement agencies; (c) necessary to investigate violations of or otherwise enforce our Legal Terms; (d) necessary to protect us from legal action or claims from third parties including you and/or other Users; and/or (e) necessary to protect the legal rights, personal/real property, or personal safety of America’s Silver Collection and its directors, employees, and affiliates.
All these third parties are carefully screened so we can ensure that there are adequate controls in place and, where relevant, that such third parties are GDPR compliant. Under no circumstances do we sell any Personally Identifiable Information. We disclose only as much as is necessary for the third party to deliver their specific service and we take all reasonable measures to ensure they keep your information fully secure and not use it for any purpose other than the one under which it was disclosed. Additionally, where this would result in the transfer of personal information outside the EEA, we have confirmed that there are appropriate transfer mechanisms in place.
We offer you the chance to "opt-out" of having your personally identifiable information used for particular functions, when we ask you for this detail. When you register for the Site, if you do not want to receive any additional material or notifications from us, you can show your preference on our registration form.
Links to Other Websites
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We utilize practical protection measures to safeguard against the loss, abuse, and modification of the individual Data under our control. Personal Data is kept in a secured database and always sent out by means of an encrypted SSL method when supported by your web browser. No Web or e-mail transmission is ever totally protected or mistake cost-free. For example, email sent out to or from the Website may not be protected. You must take unique care in deciding what info you send to us by means of e-mail.
Your Rights Under GDPR
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you possess a number of rights in relation to your personal information. These rights include
- the right to access - you can ask for copies of your personal data;
- the right to rectification - you can ask us to rectify inaccurate personal data and to complete incomplete personal data;
- the right to erasure - you can ask us to erase your personal data;
- the right to restrict processing - you can ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- the right to object to processing - you can object to the processing of your personal data;
- the right to data portability - you can ask that we transfer your personal data to another organization or to you;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority - you can complain about our processing of your personal data; and
- the right to withdraw consent - to the extent that the legal basis of our processing of your personal data is consent, you can withdraw that consent
We are committed to upholding these rights at all times. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please send us a request that (a) provides sufficient detail to allow us to verify that you are the person about whom we have collected personal information, and (b) describes your request in sufficient detail to allow us to understand, evaluate, and respond to it as soon as possible. Please note we cannot respond to requests that do not adequately meet the above criteria.
Data Protection Officer
As per GDPR guidelines, we have a “Data Protection Officer” who is responsible for all matters relating to privacy and data protection and may be contacted at the following address –
Attn: Data Protection Officer, America’s Silver Collection